Fire Permits

To obtain a free written Fire Permit you must either:

It’s The Law – RSA 227-L:17(II)

Anyone who wishes to burn clean, ordinary combustibles such as leaves, brush or untreated lumber, or have a camp or cooking fire must have written permission from the landowner and a fire permit from the local forest fire warden or local fire department in the town or city where the fire will be kindled. You must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a written fire permit.


For more information see State of New Hampshire Division of Forests of Lands web pages